Posted on : 31 July, 2018
Computer users install security software for keeping it protected from online threats like viruses, malware and many more. At some point of time or in some kind of situation, you need to remove them when your subscription has expired or the software is no more useful. No matter what the issue may be, but it is important to remove the antivirus from registry. McAfee users will fail to do so, as it is quite difficult to delete the software from Registry. If you confront related problems, get help of the experts at McAfee Contact Helpline UK for instant support.
The steps for removing McAfee security from the Registry are given below:
• As the first step, you need to remove it through the Control Panel. In order to do so, open the Start menu and then go to the Control Panel and after that Add or Remove Programs. Thereafter, scroll down and find the McAfee Security Center. Then choose all boxes for McAfee program and click on Remove. And now, you can restart your computer after removing all the boxes completely.
• Now, you need to double click on My Computer and proceed towards the McAfee program folder. All the files with .adf extension should be deleted. After deleting these files, you need to perform the first step again.
• Thereafter, you need to download MCPR or McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool from the official website McAfee website, when the above steps are of no use. Click on the "MCPR.exe" file when the download is complete. After you finish the removal restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.
• MCPR tool will shows up with a symbol when it gets failed to remove all registry items. Just choose the View Log, where you see the removable items from the Registry. If you have any query, connect to the trained team at McAfee Customer Support Team UK for instant support.
• In the Registry Editor, you can remove the registry items of the antivirus program. For doing so, open Registry Editor and delete every registry item you see in the View Log. And at last, you need to restart the system after closing the Registry Editor.
If the above procedure won't resolve your problem, you better connect to the technical support team who is well trained and cooperative. They handle each hanging situation in the shortest time possible.